My work is at the crossroads of statistics, machine learning, image processing, computer vision, and now quantum computing. I am interested in tackling practical problems that arise in Earth observation, to bring solutions to current environment and population challenges. For current works, check the resources on learning beyond labels or my latest publications.
I am an associate editor of the Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters (GRSL). I co-organise the CVPR Earth Vision worskhop series (this year’s edition: CVPR’2021/EarthVision’21 workshop). I am currently a guest editor of J. of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observation and Remote Sensing (JSTARS) for the special issue about “Quantum resources for Earth Observation” til end of December 2021.
- [October 2021] I co-organise the ESA - ECMWF 2nd Workshop on Machine Learning for Earth System Observation and Prediction
- [September 2021] I co-organise the ESA - CLAIRE AI 2nd conference on “Space and AI” co-located with ECML-PKDD’21 with Sašo Džeroski, Dragi Kocev, and Manuel López-Ibáñez
- [July 2021] At IGARSS’21 I (co-)organise 2 invited sessions on “Humans, data and AI in Earth observation” and “Physics-aware ML and Simulation” and one special event on “EO data in the New Space era”.
- [June-Sep. 2021] I co-organise the “Discover the mysteries of the Maya” challenge to explore the potential of AI and Earth observation Archeology and Cultural Heritage, an ECML-PKDD 2021 discovery challenge.
- [June 2021] The 5th Earth Vision workshop I helped co-organising takes place at CVPR 2021 on June 19th, full day.
- [May 2021] I co-organise the ELLIS-ESA Workshop on Quantum Algorthms and Machine Learning for Huge Data Analysis, Simulation and Potential Earth Observation Applications, held virtually on May 27th.