My work is at the crossroads of statistics, machine learning, image processing and computer vision. I am interested in tackling practical problems that arise in multimedia, remote sensing and robotics.
- [September 2019] Starting this month, I am now an ONERA’s Maître de Recherche (literally Research Master). Not Yoda yet, but maybe like Obi Wan Kenobi…
- [September 2019] Gaston Lenczner joins the lab as PhD student, working on Interactive learning in aerial image interpretation. He is supervised by Guy Le Besnerais and myself, and this project is carried on in collaboration with the Delair company.
- [September 2019] We propose a special issue for “Computer Vision-based Approaches for Earth Observation” in JSTARS. Guest editors include Devis Tuia, Ronny Hänsch, Naoto Yokoya, Myron Brown, Yannis Kalantidis and myself. Full CfP here.
- [September 2019] Classification is better done with regression! That’s one of the outcomes of our paper “Distance transform regression for spatially-aware deep semantic segmentation” with Nicolas Audebert, Alexandre Boulch and Sébastien Lefèvre, out now in Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU): https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cviu.2019.102809
- [September 2019] Clément Rambour joins the lab as a post-doctoral researcher between CNAM-ParisTech (Michel Crucianu), Blaise Pascal Chair of Fondation de l’ENS (Mihai Datcu) and ONERA (Élise Koeniguer and I). He will work on multi-temporal analysis of SAR and optical data.
- [July 2019] Our paper “Multitask learning for large-scale semantic change detection” with Rodrigo Caye Daudt, Alexandre Boulch and Yann Gousseau is now out in Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU): https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cviu.2019.07.003
- [July 2019] Ronny Hänsch (TU Berlin, Germany), Devis Tuia (Uni Wangeningen, NL), Yuliya Tarabalka (LuxCarta, FR) and I will give a tutorial on Machine Learning for Remote Sensing - Best practices and recent solutions at IGARSS 2019, in Yokohama, Japan, on July 28th.