My work is at the crossroads of statistics, machine learning, image processing, computer vision, and now quantum computing. I am interested in tackling practical problems that arise in Earth observation, to bring solutions to current environment and population challenges. For current works, check the resources on learning beyond labels or my latest publications.
I am an associate editor of the Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters (GRSL). I co-organise the CVPR Earth Vision worskhop series (next edition: CVPR’2021/EarthVision’21 workshop). I am currently a guest editor of J. of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observation and Remote Sensing (JSTARS) for the special issue about “Quantum resources for Earth Observation” til end of November 2021.
- [May 2021] I co-organise the ELLIS-ESA Workshop on Quantum Algorthms and Machine Learning for Huge Data Analysis, Simulation and Potential Earth Observation Applications, held virtually on May 27th.
- [March 2021] Happy to join Sofia Vallecorsa to co-supervise the PhD of Su-Yeon Chang to explore “Quantum Generative Neural Networks for Image Analysis” at EPFL/LTPN, CERN/Open Lab and ESA/Φ-lab.
- [March 2021] Happy to join Devis Tuia and Sylvain Lobry to co-supervise the PhD of Christel Chappuis to design “an AI assistant to visual query and answering for EO data” at EPFL/ECEO and ESA/Φ-lab.
- [Fev. 2021] Here it is once more time! I co-organise the Earth Vision workshop, which will be held at CVPR 2021. Submission deadline on March 7th!
- [Fev. 2021] On February 25th, I will talk at CeADAR, Ireland’s Centre for Applied AI, Seminar discussing “Beyond Labels: Weakly-supervised, Continual and Semi-supervised Learning for Earth Observation”. More info on Beyond Labels..