Here are a few events coming soon or which just happened:
- [December 2022] The Weather4Cast competition on using ML to predict rain evnts from satellite imagery is at NeurIPS’2022.
- [November 2022] I co-organise the 3rd ESA / ECMWF workshop on Machine Learning for Earth Observations and Predictions (ML4ESOP) at Reading (UK), 14-17 November 2022.
- [November 2022] I am at QTML’2022 in Naples (Italy) where I present the ESA QC4EO initiative in the industry panel and support Michal Siemaszko for our paper on Rapid training of quantum recurrent neural networks.
- [October 2022] New paper on Learning Local Depth Regression from Defocus Blur by Soft-Assignment Encoding in Applied Optics by PhD student Rémy Leroy!
- [September 2022] On Sep. 20 my student Gaston Lenczner defends his PhD on Interactive Semantic Segmentation of Aerial Images with Deep Neural Networks!
- [August 2022] I co-organise the Weather4Cast competition at NeuRIPS’22: predict rain forecasts from clouds as seen in meteo satellite images. Partnership between ESA Φ-lab IARAI (AT), AEMET (ES) and Silesian Univ. of Technology (PL).
- [July 2022] At IGARSS’22 I organise and chair 2 invited sessions on 𝐀𝐈4𝐄𝐎 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡 and 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧-𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜 𝐀𝐈4𝐄𝐎. Also 3 new articles with lead authors / PhD students Christel Chappuis on 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆, Gaston Lenczner on 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐋𝐘-𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒-𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐄𝐆𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, and Su Yeon Chang on 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐁𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
- [July 2022] On July 6th, I will give a talk on Physical and data-driven modelling for Earth observation at Workshop on Challenges and Benchmarks for quantitative AI in Complex Fluids and Complex Flows organised by Luca Biferale et al.
- [June 2022] On June 19th, I co-organise the 6th Earth Vision workshop held in conjunction with CVPR 2022